Answer: Its 26 member airlines are: Adria Airways, Aegean Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, Avianca, Brussels Airlines, Copa Airlines, Croatia Airlines, EGYPTAIR, Ethiopian Airlines, EVA Air, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, SWISS, TAP Portugal, Turkish Airlines, THAI and United.
Answer: Star Alliance's important strategies include:
1. Expand network of its member airlines and provide more connection choices for customers.
2. Maximize resources utilization and increase market shares through coordinated arrangements of sales staff, distribution channels, information platform, and facilities.
3. Develop new products such as seamless check-in service, frequent flyer programs, sharing of airport lounges to meet the unified service requirement and maintain its positions as a leading alliance.
4. Develop and share advanced information system, such as World Tracer, STARNET, RAS, publish IT platform.
5. Help member airlines save operational costs through joint sourcing programs to purchase resources such as jet fuel, flight meals, spare parts, and aircrafts at a better price.
6. Develop a globally recognized brand through massive joint or individual promotions.